The range of clients engaging our services has allowed our firm to build up considerable expertise, together with a reputation in the industrial relations area Australia wide for practical and economic solutions to complex problems.
Advice and assistance from CTMA is available in regard to a wide variety of issues including:
- Design, Negotiation, and Introduction of Enterprise Agreements
- Preparation of individual contracts of employment and letters of offer.
- Unfair Dismissal Claims, Termination of Employment Procedures
- Representation and Advocacy before Industrial Tribunals
- Anti-Discrimination/Equal Opportunity
- Mediation, Facilitation, Dispute Resolution and Workplace Negotiations
- Interpretation of Industrial Relations Legislation
- Strategic Planning, Development and Review of Personnel Policies and Procedures
- Workplace and Cultural Change
- Industrial Relations, Human Resource Management and Payroll Audits
- Development of Work and Family Policies and Procedures
- Development of Workplace Training
DESIGN, NEGOTIATION AND INTRODUCTION OF ENTERPRISE AGREEMENTS
We have been involved in and can provide clients with extensive advice and assistance regarding the implementation of Enterprise Agreements.
Treatment of all industrial relations and human resource issues in this area is undertaken in the light of an organisation’s objectives and corporate strategy and with an appreciation of the existing external environment (ie relevant industrial framework; government legislation; potential union coverage; etc).
We are able to provide specialist advice and assistance to clients regarding:
- The options available in terms of different forms of Agreements and the processes for achieving mutually beneficial agreement between employers and employees.
- Strategic planning for any negotiations to be undertaken.
- Employee, managerial and consultative committee training.
- Best practice research.
- Facilitating focus groups and/or participating in negotiations.
- Drafting of Agreements.
- Registration of Agreement
- Emphasis is placed on addressing the practical and strategic needs of the particular enterprise.
UNFAIR DISMISSAL CLAIMS, TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT PROCEDURES
Emphasis in this area is placed on advice and guidance in establishing and managing disciplinary and termination procedures to minimise the costs of possible unfair dismissal litigation. Should assistance in defending an unfair dismissal claim become necessary, our experienced staff can assist in the preparation and conduct of the case.
REPRESENTATION AND ADVOCACY BEFORE INDUSTRIAL TRIBUNALS
We offer clients access to a broad range of advocacy experience in both State and federal industrial tribunals including defending underpayment of wages claims and breaches of relevant legislation. We believe our experience in advocacy before tribunals ensures the closest attention to our client’s interest focusing at all times on cost effectiveness.
We can advise on employer’s obligations and liability under State and federal anti- discrimination and equal opportunity legislation including the implementation of strategies and procedures to ensure compliance with the legislation.
We offer clients representational services before the various State and federal tribunals including communication/negotiation with Tribunal officers, representation at the conciliation stage of a case and preparing briefs for the conduct of a full hearing before the relevant Tribunal.
MEDIATION, FACILITATION, DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND WORKPLACE NEGOTIATIONS
We can inject an objective and impartial perspective into workplace negotiations at all levels. Emphasis is on achieving outcomes beneficial to all while minimising costly stoppages and the spreading of the grievance.
INTERPRETATION OF INDUSTRIAL LEGISLATION
We can provide advice on the content, effect and implications of all industrial relations and related legislation Australia wide, including the Fair Work Act, especially the National Employment Standard and legislation dealing with long service leave.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND PERSONNEL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of industrial relations and human resource issues allows us to provide expert assistance to clients in the development of corporate industrial relations policies and strategies. Specific issues include:
- Development of Contracts of Employment
- Disciplinary procedures
- Payroll/Award procedures
- Job analysis and descriptions
- Organisational structure
- Development and review of employee handbooks
- Quality manuals
- Rationalisation of employment conditions
- Remuneration surveys, analysis, and determination
- Training needs analysis
- Development of work and family policies
Redundancy negotiations can be expertly and sensitively handled with Unions in ‘Award bound’ circumstances and in the case of staff level redundancy, more specialised packages can be co-ordinated.
We are aware of current standards both legislated and in practice.
WORKPLACE AND CULTURAL CHANGE
Assistance is available in terms of planning and implementing sensitive changes to the workplace in a manner that ensures compliance with legal obligations. Training is an integral part of effecting workplace and cultural change and we are able to assist clients to identify areas where training is required and design and conduct appropriate training programs.
INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS, HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PAYROLL AUDITS
We can provide a comprehensive assessment of a client’s industrial relations position including Award respondancy and compliance with National Employment Standards, Modern Awards, Agreements and relevant industrial relations and associated legislation.
Particular emphasis is placed on establishing the Client’s obligations regarding their transitional obligations under Modern Awards.